Your Career in TECHNICOLOUR
A programme designed to take your career to the next level
This programme aims to help you take a journey from uncertainty about your present career and not knowing what your next step might be, through to having a clear vision of a career that is absolutely right for you, and a plan for how to create it.
The programme has been designed in three phases, each of which has been named after an inspiring quotation from Mark Twain: EXPLORE. DREAM. DISCOVER.
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover.”
The Programme in brief
Research has shown that those who are most satisfied and motivated by their work are in careers which reflect who they really are; a career based on their true nature and real passions; and allows them to honour their deeply-held values.
For this reason the EXPLORE part of the programme takes a long, hard look at who you are so you get a clear idea of:
- your values
- your personal strengths
- your interests and passions
- your personal achievements
- everything you need in your life to be happy and fulfilled
- your life purpose
- your most powerful self
This is about you as a person, your life as a whole. The next layer explores your work preferences.
We’ll work to identify:
- your favourite job skills
- your key work motivators
- your professional strengths
- your greatest work achievements
- your preferred working organisation and environment
- your ideal working day
- everything you need in your working life to be motivated and satisfied.
The information you will capture during this vital EXPLORE phase will provide you with a clear snapshot of who you are and what you need in order to be happy in your life and work. This blueprint will become the acid test for evaluating any career ideas or job opportunities.
At the same time you will open an Ideas Bank. Here you will capture any career possibilities which come up throughout the early part of the programme, including any ideas you may have come into the programme with. Even the wildest of ideas will be added to the bank because these wild ideas have essence to them.
Next the DREAM. This is a very creative phase when together we generate a number of possible new career choices. We call it DREAM because the idea here is to be expansive, to think outside the box, not to be constrained by traditional notions of what’s possible. In truth, almost anything is possible if it’s right for you. And we will deal with making it possible in the final phase.
We will explore the most attractive ideas in some detail and then finally narrow them down to between one and three possibilities to be be explored in detail in the DISCOVER phase, the final part of the programme.
DISCOVER is the point where we investigate the top possibility that were generated in the DREAM phase. We use a creative and empowering process which lets you turn your vision for an exciting career that’s right for you into a soundly based action plan to make it happen.
How the programme works
- The full programme takes approx. 12 sessions (a 2-hour induction session followed by 11 hour-long sessions). We schedule 2 to 3 sessions per month to ensure momentum while allowing you time to absorb the information you’re discovering about yourself.
- Rome wasn’t built in a day. This programme requires commitment and time. Besides the coaching sessions, you need to allocate approximately 2 to 3 hours between sessions for “homework”, especially during the Explore phase of the program.
- At end of the DISCOVER phase, some clients continue on their journey alone while others decide to continue with coaching. It’s entirely up to you.
- All sessions are one-to-one with me, Nathalie Britten via Skype, phone or face-to-face depending on location.
- The work we do together is based on coaching principles and techniques, it is not advice or therapy. If you are looking for stock answers or a quick fix, then this programme is probably not for you.
IF YOU ARE READY TO TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR CAREER
SCHEDULE A COMPLIMENTARY CALL WITH ME BY CLICKING THE BUTTON BELOW.